We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines.
We have sincerely missed seeing all of our patients and friends during this unusual time. We are excited to get back to work and continue providing the highest level care to all of our patients.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and our standard of care has always exceeded the highest requirements for our profession. We will continue that commitment with all of the new standards put in place due to the recent pandemic. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions.
- Patients and visitors are asked to bring their own face covering or mask to wear. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one.
- We ask that you call the office when you arrive for your appointment to let us know you are in the parking lot and we will come greet you directly at your vehicle.
- We will be asking screening questions again upon your arrival and will be taking your temperature prior to bringing you into the office.
- Spouses, children, other family members or friends will not be allowed in the office to accompany you if they do not have a scheduled appointment.
- If a patient is a minor child, one parent or guardian will be permitted entrance to the office.
- All surgical escorts will wait outside the office. We will call or text the driver when the patient is ready to leave post-surgery.
- We are asking our patients to rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide before each appointment since Coronavirus is vulnerable to oxidation. All patients will be provided and requested to use the oral rinse to minimize viruses and bacteria.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, so there will be fewer patients in the office than normal. That might mean that there are fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Please maintain social distancing with 6 feet or more with other patients and our front office team.
- You may notice our staff is wearing protective equipment that may look a little intimidating!
- We have installed glass health guard partitions in front of the reception area, thereby limiting exposure and contact with patients.
- The chairs and tables in the reception have been removed to accommodate social distancing.
- All reading materials have been removed to avoid possible cross contamination.
- Air filtration units have been installed in surgical rooms and front reception areas to circulate and clean air.
- Team members are following rigorous healthy hygiene habits, such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing and monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms before heading to work. We will require a temperature check-in for all employees at start of the day.
- If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule your appointment for two weeks later.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment, please call our office at (804)-768-9000 or (540) 374-1010.
Thank you for being part of our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!
Dr Stephen C. Brown & Staff